Thursday, April 7, 2011

1. I Am the Power that Changed Your Life

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18 NKJV

He spoke to me as clear as daylight. I was in the middle of worshiping Him. I was praying in the spirit.

Reveal Yourself to me. Tell me who You really are.

The song could never be more appropriate. It tells the greatness of His grace. It tells the power of His love.

I never expected that He would answer me soon. Right at that very moment. When I heard His voice, I could not help but cry. Because I almost forgot. I have been too busy with what I do, I forgot a simple yet so powerful thing in my life.

 I am the Power that changed your life.

He spoke to me like the wind. Cool, gentle, peaceful. An experience worth the wait. God the Father loved me so much. The Son came down to save me. The Holy Spirit rested on me, and changed me. Simple, yet the moment He told me this, my defenses fell and I broke into tears of thanksgiving. Without the Holy Spirit, I could have turned away again. Small troubles would make me self-centered again. Petty pain would make me run in circles again. I was bound to absolute harm, without the Holy Spirit. Yes, I was a Christian already back then, but the lukewarm spirit of me just grieved Him. I rejected God's Power.

One day, I gave up. I gave up my own strength and invited Him, and the rest is history.

Wonderful Holy Spirit, thank You for changing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment