Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2. I am Higher than your Dreams

Peter answered him, "We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us? Matthew 19:27 NIV

It was Friday. I was asking the Holy Spirit for more of Him. I want to gain first-hand experiences of Him. I want to witness with Him.

Then, scenes of my life came flashing as in a movie. He reminded me of how my life started to be lived according to the Father's plans, and how my life started to fall apart when I decided to follow my own. He reminded me of how I was saved just in time. He reminded me of how He mightily conquered me.

He reminded me of His power during my job interview. His wisdom overwhelming me. He showed me how He guided me on my first job. It's been tough, but He saw me through. He reminded me of my dreams.

A bigger salary. A new house. A new car. An expanded business. Success in career. Favor of the world.

But the Holy Spirit said to me,

I am higher than you dreams.

Indeed. Back in September 2010, pressure started to fill me up. It wouldn't stay in the workplace; It creeps as nightmares that wakes me up in the middle of the night. Sometimes, sleep won't come. The heaviness would surround me, and I would just cry in despair.

I could have left my company right then and there. But the voice inside me told me not to. It is not yet time to leave.

Three months later, I left my job. I left without remorse, without fear, without doubt, without pressure. Your see, after all the unpleasant emotions subside, after you have overcome the desert of your life, God will reveal to you His next plan. It will never be based on your circumstances. It will never be based on whether you feel good or not. It will always be based on His good and perfect will.

I left my job. I left my plans. I left my dreams...

Because Somebody greater took their place in my heart.

1 comment: