Thursday, April 7, 2011

How it Started

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13 NIV


I've been reading Benny Hinn. I've been reading his testimony, and I couldn't help but get amazed by his passion to know the Holy Spirit. He started to desire fellowship with the third Person of the Trinity when he attended Kathryn Kuhlman's preaching, where he felt an absolute communion with the Holy Spirit. That experience changed his life. That experience started it all.


Then he began to seek the Holy Spirit. By regularly communing with Him, the wonders of the Scripture was being unfolded in front of him. The Holy Spirit was the One who guided him "in all truth." His questions were answered. The mystery of the triune God was revealed to Him. And he came to know the Power of God.


The Holy Spirit. It is the power of God. It is:


"... the one who gave Stephen the power to endure suffering... 
He was the one who gave Moses the power to be the deliverer of the children of Israel. 
He was the power in the life of Joshua.
He was the force behind the wind that divided the Red Sea.
He was the mighty power that smashed the walls of Jericho.
He was the energy behind David's rock when Goliath fell.
The Holy Spirit. He was the force in the life of Samuel, in Elijah--- and in Christ the Lord."
Benny Hinn, Good Morning Holy Spirit 

And just like Benny Hinn when he witnessed the same power working in Kuhlman, I cried out to the Third Person of the Trinity:


I want to know You!

And in this blog, I would like to take into account this higher level of worship: Worshiping the Holy Spirit. We have been so focused on God the Father and God the Son, that most of the time we neglect and underestimate the power of the Third Person. For fact's sake, the Holy Spirit is the one who is with us now. God the Father is in His throne. God the Son is beside Him. Since the day of the Pentecost when Peter and our brothers were baptized by the Holy Spirit, it has always been His time. In my prayer, I asked for Him to reveal Himself to me. I want to know the Force behind this new creation. I want to commune with Him. I want Him to pray with me. I want Him to guide me "in all truth." I want, and I long, for His fellowship.

Be filled with the Spirit... Ephesians 5:18b NIV

I pray that this verse would be fulfilled in my life. I pray that as I long to draw near to God's Spirit, I, with an unveiled face, "beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:18 NKJV


There is nothing more I desire today and forever, than to know the God who loved me and died for me, through the Spirit He gave to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment